CHOCOLATE DONATION REQUEST GUIDELINES
Jacques Torres Chocolate has a deep commitment to giving. As a New York based company, we take pride in our community involvement in aiding local public non-profit organizations through in-kind donations of chocolate products.
All donations are granted from the headquarters of Jacques Torres Chocolate at 350 Hudson Street New York, NY 10014. Our Retail Stores are unable to authorize or honor a request.
We do not provide monetary donations or consider sponsorship requests.
Our company has established guidelines to follow when considering eligible organizations due to the volume and extent of recent submissions.
Jacques Torres Chocolate focuses its giving efforts on organizations that advocate in the interests of children and families and that are focused and located in New York City.
Donation requests will be considered only if your organization meets the following criteria:
• Must be a public organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
• Must be located in New York City
• Must not be disqualified by any of the below stated donation exemptions
An organization is limited to only one in-kind donation receipt within a 12-month period.
Due to the high volume of requests for in-kind donations of chocolate products, Jacques Torres Chocolate cannot support the following:
• Organizations that are not registered charities with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
• Political, religious, or ethnic groups and programs
• Lobbying or advocacy groups
• Labor organizations
• Third-party fundraising organizations
• Individuals or for-profit businesses
• Organized sport teams or leagues
• Fraternal organizations
• Conferences, conventions, seminars, workshops, telethons, or corporate picnics
• Solicitations to Advertise
HOW TO SUBMIT A DONATION REQUEST
If you believe your organization qualifies for our support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may review it according to our guidelines.
Please include the following information on your organization’s letterhead stationery:
• WHO: Organization name, mission statement, and IRS 501(c)3 Tax ID number (non-profit status)
• WHEN: The date of your event. Requests must be received at least 45 days prior to when the donation is needed.
• WHAT: Description of event and the number of attendees expected to participate or attend
• WHY: Description of intended use for donations in your event
• QUANTITY: How many items are you requesting?
• DELIVERY: We do not ship or deliver in-kind donations of our chocolate products. If your donation request is approved, we will contact you to pick up the in-kind chocolate products in person from our headquarters.
• PRODUCT: Every effort will be made to provide appropriate product however we request that you understand that we are unable to honor requests for specific items.
CONTACT: Primary contact person, daytime number, email address, and mailing address, along with any additional and relevant information.
The submitting person or organization will be notified if approved for an in-kind donation.
We thank you in advance for reviewing this donation policy and your interest in Jacques Torres Chocolate by offering us the opportunity to review your request. Provided you have followed the guidelines in this policy, we will honor your request with an answer in a timely and considerate manner.