Grab your baking utensils and whip out Jacques Torres’ famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix for National Homemade Cookies Day.
Here are 5 tips from Jacques himself to better prepare you for your own chocolate chip cookies. Trust us, you won’t be able to resist.
1. Make sure to turn any chocolate discs that are poking up from the dough horizontally so that they melt evenly into the cookie.
2. If you want your cookies to have a cake-like texture, replace 1 of the eggs with 2 egg yolks. If you made extra cookie dough, don’t worry! The dough can be stored and frozen up to 1 month.
3. Get creative! Add your favorite nuts (pecans, macadamias, or walnuts), raisins, or other sweet dried fruits for your personal touch. The choices are endless.
4. Sprinkle sea salt on top of the cookie dough while you wait for the oven to preheat (350 degrees).
5. Make your chocolate chip cookies into an ice cream sandwich! Note: If you plan on making ice cream sandwiches, store the cookies in the freezer so that the ice cream doesn’t melt too quickly.
The full recipe can be found in Jacques Torres’ recipe book: A Year in Chocolate.
Don’t forget to share!